Decorate for Valentine’s Day on a budget with this Dollar Store Valentine’s Lantern. You can create this Valentine’s Day decoration for less than $ 10 and 15 minutes of your time, so it’s an easy Valentine’s Day craft project.
Dollar Store Valentine’s Lantern Supplies:
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- red sand or fake snow for the bottom of the lantern
- 4 frames
- cardboard or foam board
- sharp scissors
- figurines, candles, roses or other Valentine’s Day decorative items
Total cost: $ 8
Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
DIY Store Valentine Lantern Instructions:
- Remove the plastic, the back of the frame and the photo inserts from the photo frames.
- If you don’t want the small tabs to appear, you can remove them and stick the glass on the frame or if you don’t mind, you can simply replace the tabs to hold the glass in place.
- Glue the corners of the photo frames together. Hold firmly until each frame dries (about a minute). Be generous with the glue because you want it to hold well.
- Trace and cut the outline of the box on the cardboard or foam board. Point: If the support of your photo frame is strong enough to hold your decorative items, you can simply use it to save money.
- Cut out the outline, erase the pencil marks and glue the foam board to the bottom of the box.
- Pour your snow in the box and arrange your decorations wherever you want.
- You can also add lighting to your lantern to create a magic effect (tealights, string lights, LED battery lights, etc.)
There is a lot of room for creativity on this project. You can paint the frame in the color of your choice and put anything you want in it! It can be used as a Valentine’s Day centerpiece or even given as a Valentine’s Day gift!