Create an elegant and stylish Pink Valentine Tree. He makes a romantic and easy DIY decoration or craft project for Valentine’s Day. This Valentine tree requires only a handful of supplies and less than 10 minutes of your time.
Rose DIY Valentine’s Day Tree Supplies
- foam cone
- red acrylic paint ($ 0.50 at Walmart)
- mini roses (I used 2.5 large bushes from Hobby Lobby which cost $ 3 each when selling flowers at 50%. You can get similar to Dollar Tree, but you would probably need to double the number of these smaller $ 1s so that they end up around the same price anyway.)
- foam heart
- glue gun and glue sticks
Money saving tip: You can get everything except the big roses from Dollar Tree.
Cost: $ 9.50
Time: 10-15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Rose DIY Valentine’s Day Tree Instructions
- Paint your foam cone red and let it dry. It takes about 15 minutes to dry.
- Remove the rose stems from the bushes.
- Push the roses into the foam cone. You may need to dab some hot glue at the bottom of the rod if they don’t stay in place. I only had to do it for a few stubborn people. Keep in mind that if your stems are long enough and sharp, you may not need the glue.
- Repeat this process until the tree is completely covered with roses and the foam cone is no longer visible.
- Push the foam core into the center of the foam cone until the stick is no longer visible.
There are many ways to take ownership of this project, such as:
- Use different colored roses (white and pink) and create a shadow effect with the different colored roses.
- Spray paint on a glittery red candle holder and hot glue the tree on it.
- Add accents such as small pearls or precious stones to the tree.
- Wrap battery-powered garlands around the tree for a magical effect.
- Tie a Valentine’s Day ribbon around