Give your front door a low budget fall farmhouse look with this Pumpkin Fall Door Hanger from the dollar store.
This fall decorating idea only takes 5 minutes to make and costs $ 6 in supplies! All of the supplies needed for this dollar fall crafts cost $ 1 or less, so it’s a cheap and easy-to-make fall decoration that will give your front door a fall makeover. You can also use it as a wall art for the interior or as a display on an easel.
DIY Dollar Store Pumpkin Fall Door Hanger Supplies:
- wooden pumpkin
- buffalo check bandana ($ 1.29 at Micheals with a 50% coupon) OR buffalo check scrapbook paper (4 for $ 1 at Hobby Lobby)
- burlap sheets
- metal sign
You can get everything except buffalo checkered fabric or paper at Dollar tree.
Total cost: $ 6
Time: 5 to 8 minutes
Basic materials you will need:
- hot glue gun and 1 glue stick
- pencil / pen
- the scissors
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
DIY Dollar Store Pumpkin Fall Door Hanger Instructions:
- Trace the pumpkin pattern on the back of the bandana and cut out the shape
- Brush Mod Podge over the wooden pumpkin and place the cutout bandana shape on top, making sure to line it up evenly as you can with the pumpkin shape.
- Glue a string around the edge of the pumpkin using your hot glue gun.
- Wrap string around the stem and dab hot glue on each end.
- Glue the jute sheets to the sides of the rod with your glue gun.
- Hot glue the harvest sign to the center of the pumpkin.
- Glue each end of a piece of string to the back of the pumpkin on each side for hanging.