Add a touch of whimsy to your home with this easy dollar store DIY Halloween Lantern. This project only takes 15 minutes to complete and costs less than $ 10! All supplies for this project can be found at Dollar tree:
Halloween DIY Lantern Supplies:
- 4 black photo frames
- black foam board
- hot glue gun and 2-3 glue stick
- scissors or craft knife
- pencil or marker
Total cost: $ 5
Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 10 minutes
DIY Halloween Lantern Instructions:
- Remove the plastic, the back of the frame and the picture inserts from the frames.
- Pull the tabs on the frame and remove the glass. If you don’t pull on the tabs, they will pop through your lantern when it’s finished.
- Using a glue gun, glue along the frame where the glass would be, then put the glass down, pressing gently.
- Glue the edges of the frames together. Make sure to align it evenly. Hold firmly until each frame dries (about a minute). Be generous with the glue because you want it to hold up well. I also glued the inside edges to make sure it holds.
- Using a pencil or marker, trace the outline of the lantern onto the foam board.
- Cut out the outlined section of the foam board.
- Glue the base of the foam board to the bottom of the lantern.
… And now you are ready to fill your lantern with spooky goodies!
For this lantern I used the following:
- black sand at the bottom of the lantern
- LED Spider Candle
- Gothic purple and black fake roses
- glittering spiders
- Halloween ornaments
Cost: $ 5
You don’t have to use what I’ve made. This is where you can get creative. Dollar Tree offers a variety of Halloween lighting options (LED candles, fairy lights, glowing skulls, fairy lights, etc.). Plus, they have an assortment of decorations like skeletons, bats, spooky creatures, and more!