I’m always the first person to mention that the house needs a good scrub, but actually getting around to doing it is another thing entirely.
And that’s because, like everyone else, busting out the heavy cleaning artillery sounds less fun to me than setting my hair on fire. That’s where these quick and easy cleaning tips come in.
No matter if you’re a clean freak or an “I’m only doing this when I absolutely have to” housekeeper, it can always be helpful to have an arsenal of cleaning tips and tricks on deck to really make your house shine. These 20 ideas will make your home sparkle without breaking the bank (or your back).
1. Pick up any post-crafting glitter using a ball of Play-Doh.
2. Clean burned-on crud from your pots and pans with this vinegar cocktail
3. Remove cabinet gunk by applying a mixture of baking soda and vegetable oil.
4. Scrubbing your sneakers with toothpaste will have them looking like new in no time at all.
5. Remove dust and crumbs from household surfaces using tape.
6. Clean your computer keyboard with Q-Tips soaked in rubbing alcohol.
7. Deep clean your couch with baking soda before vacuuming the mess away.
8. Defeat soap scum for good with this killer combination of Dawn dish soap and white vinegar.
9. Treat red wine stains by pouring on table salt and letting it sit for 30 minutes.
10. Mix equal parts water and vinegar to help de-gunk your blinds.
11. Use white vinegar to remove hard water stains.
12. Freshen up the appearance of your stainless steel appliances with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol.
13. Microwave one cup of vinegar with one cup of water to help loosen up dried-on nastiness in your microwave.
14. Eliminate toilet rings by using a dryer sheet.
15. Clean your dirty jewelry with dish soap and a small, soft-bristled toothbrush.
16. Put some hot water and dish soap in your blender, pop it back on the base, and blend that baby up until the inside is clean.
17. Use a mixture of baking soda and water to pretreat set-in stains on your countertop.
18. Disinfect your kitchen sponge by wetting it and placing it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Which of these household hacks are you most excited to try out first? This makes me feel like I have to start cleaning right away!